[Barrelfish-users] CC variable

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Fri Aug 26 11:22:23 CEST 2011

Hi Mothy,

My usage for this feature is twofold. First, I require to have custom source-to-source compilers (as front-ends) for the various task-based programming models I'm working with (i.e. Cilk, Wool). Moreover, I plan to try out Continuation-passing-style (like Cilk does) for my own runtime, which requires a custom code-generator to not use the stack. The purpose for CPS is to allow task-migration between threads of different cores.

This feature is not urgent since I'm only now starting the implementation, but it's good to know that it's doable. Since almost all of my research requires it though, I think I'll select the first and proper solution.

-Georgios