[Barrelfish-users] netd and howto get files into BF/Qemu

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Wed Dec 14 13:20:42 CET 2011

Hi,

I tried using the network in qemu, but when I try to mount an nfs share BF just freezes on:
"chips: client waiting for e1000_CTRL"
while I have successfully connected through the rtl8029 card. Nothing related to e1000 is loaded.

I only need this in order to have simple files added to the ramfs image. Is there any other way? I only care to input files and not necessarily output. I thought of adding them to the skb archive but I was afraid that it could mess other stuff up. Ideally GRUB would do that, like with binaries, but I do not know how...

Best regards,
Georgios Varisteas