[Barrelfish-users] Error while 'make ./docs/TN-001-Glossary.pdf' - Bug?

Raphael Fuchs raphaelfuchs at student.ethz.ch
Fri Jul 29 22:30:37 CEST 2011

Hi

I tried to build the "Technical Notes" for Barrelfish with 'make docs'
but got an error. I tracked the error down to 'make
./docs/TN-001-Glossary.pdf', which yields the following error.

mkdir -p ./tools/tmp/
runghc ../doc/001-glossary/Main.hs > ./tools/tmp/gloss-from-haskell.tex
<stdout>: hFlush: illegal operation (handle is closed)
make: *** [docs/TN-001-Glossary.pdf] Error 1

If I remove the second but last line in 'doc/001-glossary/Main.hs' (the
line contains 'hClose stdout'), the error disappears. I don't know if
it's just me with that problem, but it seems like a bug.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's no need to close stdout in
Haskell, especially because the following line contains 'exitWith
ExitSuccess' and according to the library documentation
(http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.0.4/html/libraries/base-4.3.1.0/System-Exit.html)
exitWith flushes stdout.

btw, I'm using ghc 6.12.3 on ubuntu 11.04

Regards
Raphael

--
Raphael Fuchs