[Barrelfish-users] Question about aliases in flounder

akhilesh singhania akhi at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Mar 20 14:58:02 CET 2011

Hi,

I want to add enum objtype in one of the interface files.
enum objtype is defined in generated code based on the input to Hamlet
so I cannot statically define it in the interface files like we have
done earlier with other enums and structs.

I tried "alias blah enum objtype" in if/types.if but that results in
the following error when blah is used in an interface file:
flounder: Use of undeclared type 'blah' in
"/home/asinghan/trees/caps/if/monitor_blocking.if" at l. 23 col. 69

Is there an easy fix for this in flounder and if not, anyone got ideas
for getting around this?

akhi