[Barrelfish-users] [Barrelfish] Question about aliases in flounder

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 22 20:11:02 CET 2011

This is a basic problem with any IDL - you can't have it correspond to
C types (since they're not portable).  You should alias it to an
Flounder integer, and do the casting yourself when you call the
message functions.

In this case, we could potentially try to unify the type systems of
Hamlet and Flounder.  You're welcome to try, but I doubt this is
critical.

 -- Mothy