[Barrelfish-users] [Barrelfish] Port of existing applications to Barrelfish

Simon Peter speter at inf.ethz.ch
Mon May 9 17:13:34 CEST 2011

Hi Zeus,

Glad to hear the Nanox port is doing well.

Regarding POSIX: We had decided early on not to worry about extensive
POSIX support, to allow us to investigate alternative application
interfaces. Due to this, the support is still very slim.

However, I am currently porting the postgres database server, which
requires a lot of POSIX and thus have a changeset in a private branch
that adds quite a bit of functionality, including atexit() and
gettimeofday(). If you're interested, I might be able to make it
available to you. It will go in the next release.

I'm not aware of a tool that maintains Makefile to Hakefile
relationships. However, it is possible to just use your application's
build system. I do this with postgres, which uses Autoconf.

Best regards,
Simon