[Barrelfish-users] No serial input

Baumann Andrew andrewb at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 6 18:26:47 CET 2011

Hi,

This sounds like a startup race. I can't tell you the solution, but I can give you clues where to look: lib/barrelfish/terminal.c terminal_init() does a  nonblocking lookup for the serial driver, and if it is already registered, it connects to it. Otherwise if it isn't already present, fish's main() will start without a binding to the serial driver, but the call to terminal_want_stdin() should cause the binding to be established (this time in a blocking fashion), assuming you didn't pass "keyboard" as one of the command-line parameters to fish. I would stick some debug into terminal.c and try to understand what is happening when you block.

Hope this helps,
Andrew