[Barrelfish-users] Need help in running barrelfish on SCC

Vaibhav Jain vjoss197 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:10:10 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to run barrelfish on SCC but I need clarity regarding a few
things.
I have compiled barrelfish successfully and I have the barrelfish48.mt file
and the obj file created.
I need to know the following :

1. After booting barrelfish on one SCC core (core 0) how should I boot it
on other cores.
  Do I have to reset all the cores (just like core 0) that I want
barrelfish to be booted ?. From the document :
http://www.barrelfish.org/TN-005-SCC.pdf
 Section 2.5 it seems that core 0 should boot other cores.

2. How do I confirm that barrelfish has actually booted on all the cores
that I want it to be booted ?

3. I intend to run a simple hello world program on barrelfish running on
SCC. What changes need to be made to the steps
mentioned in the doc http://wiki.barrelfish.org/Programming_for_Barrelfish.

4. Is there any other document that provides details on running programs on
barrelfish ?

Please help!

Thanks
Vaibhav Jain