[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish on ARM GEM5

Tim Harris (RESEARCH) tharris at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 25 18:57:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

Following up on some discussion from last week's workshop...

We've been trying to understand what's needed to get Barrelfish up on ARM on the GEM5 simulator.

My previous work on GEM5 has all been x86-based (http://wiki.barrelfish.org/Running_on_gem5).

I guess a few initial questions are:

-          What ARM architectures does Barrelfish support at the moment?  I remember Orion's original work, and I think some folk at ETHZ were looking at Netronome hardware... but I don't recall the details.  Is there a write-up somewhere online, or a particular existing h/w platform or simulator configuration that we can start from?

-          Whether the devices modelled by ARM GEM5 match up with those expected by Barrelfish.  There may well be work to do on one or both sides of the system.

Cheers,

Tim