[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish on ARM GEM5

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 28 23:49:14 CEST 2011

It's a bit piecemeal at the moment, so it may be that starting afresh
targetting ARM 7A on GEM5 is the best way to go...

There are two ARM platforms that the Barrelfish code currently builds
for, with some degree of support:

 1) Orion's code is mostly unchanged (modulo bug fixes and
    commonalities with (2) below) and targets, I think, ARM11 under
    Qemu.  This is one of our continuous builds, and we run some unit
    tests against this all the time.

 2) Bram Scheidegger's port to the ixp2850 on the Netronome i8000
    card, which is (hardwired to) opposite endian and so has
    "inconvenient" C compiler issues.  It also boots using a very
    different process, which Simon can say more about.  There is some
    documentation in Bram's bachelors thesis dissertation, which I'll
    but on the web site as soon as a I have a moment.  Bram gets as
    far as user space, I think, but with minimal device support.

Plenty of other people can no doubt correct me...

 -- Mothy