[Barrelfish-users] FW: How to write a self-replicating service

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Tue Sep 20 14:08:23 CEST 2011

Hi again,

Let me make this question a bit more specific. I would like to know what is the best alternative to spawn() in usr/spawnd/service.c that allows a process to spawn a new process on any core other than it's own? Also I would very much appreciate any info on the "char *const envp[]" argument, as what is provided (in other source files) is not really informative. Is it safe in my context to inherit the environment by passing NULL?

Thanks in advance,
Georgios Varisteas