[Barrelfish-users] IDC confusion

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Wed Sep 21 09:17:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out the IDC and its API but I think that my goal is a bit too complicated for the existing documentation. What I would like to create is a distributed service, meaning a service consisting of multiple cooperating instances running on various (but not all) cores. Each instance is supposed to handle a specific subset of cores. The client-threads are to communicate strictly with the service instance handling their core.

So, I get to the nameservice part and in the absence of any documentation I'm a bit lost. My only idea is to export one service per core and have each client search for the service name of its own core. This is too ugly to even consider implementing so are there any other hints?

Best regards,
Georgios Varisteas