[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish users workshop

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Sep 25 22:44:02 CEST 2011

Dear Barrelfish users,

We're holding a Barrelfish workshop in Cambridge, UK on Thursday,
October 20th and Friday Oct 21st.  The aim is to talk about the
research we've done over the last year - projects like the use
of Barrelfish on the Intel SCC, the use of the SKB for PCI device
configuration, and the THC language and runtime system for
asynchronous programming.  It will also be a chance to compare notes
about current research in an informal setting, and also discuss the
right OS development priorities to support the research.

We'd love to hear from other people that are using Barrelfish.  Space
is a bit limited, so the workshop is by invitation only.

However, we'll try and fit as many extra people in as we can on a
first-come, first-served basis.  If you'd like to attend, please let
us know by sending an email to barrelfish-workshop at microsoft.com.

The workshop will run all day on the Thursday, includes dinner on the
Thursday evening, and will finish at lunchtime on Friday.  There's no
registration charge, but attendees will have to pay for their own
travel and accommodation in Cambridge.

Best regards,

  Tim Harris (Microsoft Research Cambridge)
  TImothy Roscoe (ETH Zurich)