[Barrelfish-users] Compiling Barrelfish to work on qemu

barrelfish-essentia at snkmail.com barrelfish-essentia at snkmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:12:31 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to run Barrelfish on the qemu emulator.
I have managed to successfully compile Barrelfish (which had its own unique problems), but now I am facing the problem of compiling it for running on the emulator using make sim.

Actually, the first problem I ran into is that it failed to link with the math library properly. This was because the omission of the -lm switch to the compiler. I had to hack the make file manually to make that work.

But now I facing more linker errors which I cannot seem to find any information on how to solve, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else have any ideas.
The errors are these:

/lib/crtend.o ./x86_64/lib/libcollections.a
../x86_64/lib/libnewlib.a(svfscanf.o): In function `__ssvfscanf_r':
Barrelfish/build/../source/lib/newlib/newlib/libc/stdio/svfscanf.c:1581: undefined reference to `__fpclassifyd'
../x86_64/lib/libnewlib.a(strtod.o): In function `strtof':
Barrelfish/build/../source/lib/newlib/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c:1190: undefined reference to `__fpclassifyd'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [x86_64/sbin/ahci_bench] Error 1

Any ideas?