[Barrelfish-users] RAM usage of Barrelfish

Robert Radkiewicz rrad at kth.se
Tue Dec 18 15:04:26 CET 2012

Hi,

I wanted to know, what is the expected memory usage of a running
barrelfish system.
We are going to run Barrelfish on the 64 cores of TilePro and already
now we have around 16MB for the capabilities and didn't start up one
core completely.

So with the data section, which is also there per core, and more things
to come, memory sums up very fast and multiplied by 64 numbers grow fast.

Additionally some of the allocations based on the page sizes are bigger,
because we have a page size of 64k.

So for the moment I'm concerned about what memory usage I should expect,
so that I know beforehand, if the 4GB on our board should not be sufficient.

Thanks!

Frohe Weihnachten,
Merry Christmas,
God Jul,