[Barrelfish-users] Does Barrelfish support Beehive?

Roscoe Timothy troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 13 17:06:25 CET 2012

Hi there,

Just to supply a bit more information, we asked around to see if anyone was actually using Barrelfish on Beehive, and couldn't find anyone who wanted it. Given that we don't use Beehive ourselves, we decided to drop it.

If there's a real demand, we can resurrect the code, but we don't have the resources ourselves. If someone else will take it on, we'll feed changes back to the main tree.

Cheers,

-- Mothy

On 13.02.12 09:16 Kornilios Kourtis wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 06:14:06AM +0000, Zhang Youhui wrote:
> Dear,
> Would anyone like to tell me whether Beehive is still supported by
> Barrelfish or not. I found Beehive-related codes exist in the last
> year’s release, but are removed in this Jan’s package.

Beehive support has been dropped from Barrelfish.

For more information:
- http://hg.barrelfish.org/rev/ffe335a112d3
- https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/barrelfish-users/2011-December/000423.html

cheers,