[Barrelfish-users] Fwd: building an arm kernel of barrelfish for gem5

Samuel Hitz samuel.hitz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:01:22 CET 2012

CCing the public barrelfish list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samuel Hitz <samuel.hitz at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Subject: building an arm kernel of barrelfish for gem5
To: tharris at microsoft.com

Hi Tim,

I'm a CS student at ETH Zurich and for my Bachelor Thesis, I try to port
Barrelfish to a heterogeneous ARM multicore system (big.LITTLE) using the
gem5 simulator. Now the first step is to build a Barrelfish kernel suitable
for the use with gem5. I saw on the wiki, that you did this already for
x86. Now my question is, what must be modified in the build process to get
an ARM kernel for gem5?
I saw you're using 'molly' in order to build the kernel. How is this
applicable to build an ARM kernel for gem5? What do I have to rewrite? Or
is it just a matter of building an ARM Barrelfish tree and run 'make
m5_kernel'?

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Samuel