[Barrelfish-users] Running Barrelfish on vmware player & qemu

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Tue Jan 17 21:56:22 CET 2012

Hi Nil,

I have posted a detailed article on how to do this here:
http://amdct.sics.se/bdp/Boot_under_VirtualBox

However, the latest versions of VirtualBox and all versions of VMWare I've tried emulate nics that are not supported by GRUB although it theoretically should. So My recommendation is to get hold of an early version of VirtualBox (4.0.X or any 3)

Hope it helps.
Georgios Varisteas