[Barrelfish-users] Running Barrelfish on vmware player & qemu

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 18 21:09:19 CET 2012

Dear Nil,

The Barrelfish build system builds a multiboot image which should be
directly bootable in grub.  Have you checked out the documentation?

Barrelfish will boot on as many cores as it can see or that you tell
it (with a kernel command line option), but Qemu is only capable of
using a single physical core.  If you want to explore multicore issues
properly, though, you really need to boot Barrelfish on real hardware
or a cycle-accurate simulator like GEM5.

 -- Timothy Roscoe