[Barrelfish-users] wait/sleep/timer

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Mon Jul 2 10:04:08 CEST 2012

Hi all,

My question is: what's currently the lightest way to periodically call a function?

I've used timer in the past but that feels like an overkill when I just want to sleep a thread for a few milliseconds; I reckon that it doesn't really block the thread but it needs a blocking msg listener for that. The common linux sleep and usleep functions do exist in newlib but I haven't really figured out how to use them in x86_64. Any other hints on that?

cheers,
Georgios