[Barrelfish-users] help

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 5 10:28:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 12:16:27PM +0530, Sachin Agarwalla wrote:
> I am mtech student of iitkgp.I am working on developing OS for
> scalable multi core architecture.I found that you are using QEMU as
> emulator for testing barrelfish os.Can you help me to answer how to
> use QEMU?Also can you tell me the role of dispatcher in barrelfish
> OS.I read it and tried to understand but I could not understand.

You can use qemu by executing 'make sim' in the build directory.

Dispatchers (and other aspects of the barrelfish OS) are discussed in the
technical reports that can be found in the barrelfish web site.
Good starting points are:
 TR #0 overview: http://www.barrelfish.org/TN-000-Overview.pdf
 TR #1 glossary: http://www.barrelfish.org/TN-001-Glossary.pdf
 TR #10 Specification: http://www.barrelfish.org/TN-010-Spec.pdf