[Barrelfish-users] Booting Barrelfish using TFTP - GRUB issues

Shawn Furrow sfurrow at vt.edu
Tue Jun 5 21:30:10 CEST 2012

Hey all,

I am trying to boot Barrelfish over a TFTP server but I am having trouble
with GRUB. From what I understand, I need GRUB Legacy (0.97) with a patch
for PXE. From here, GRUB would chain-load Elver, and then Elver would boot
Barrelfish. (Correct me if I am mistaken on this)  However, I cannot get a
patched version of GRUB 0.97 to install correctly to my hard drive. Has
anyone gotten this method to work? If so, what was your environment and
GRUB patches do you use?

Thanks,
Shawn

--
Virginia Tech
Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering