[Barrelfish-users] Run barrelfish on arm-architecture in Qemu

Daniel Röhrig daniel.roehrig at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 12 13:41:13 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

we are getting a bit desperate running in all kinds of problems trying
to create a working environment for barrelfish. Three people with
different OS (Debian unstable, Ubuntu Precise, Gentoo) have either
- failed to install the right cabal or the right ghc version (Ubuntu,
  you can either have the right ghc version or a cabal installed
  ghc-paths but not both),
- could do a hake on the source code but couldn't get "make" to work
  properly (Debian unstable, with a bunch of different Toolchains from
  Linaro to Code Sourcery to self-compiled)
- or could hake and make barrelfish but couldn't start it with qemu
  (Gentoo)

If you really, really want to make our day - and I know this a lot to
ask for -, please try to set up a fresh debian stable, ubuntu or even
gentoo and if it works please tell us what to do so that we can
reproduce your steps and finally start working on our project.

Thanks und viele Grüße
Daniel