[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish on hardware waiting for serial

Shawn Furrow sfurrow at vt.edu
Wed Jun 13 17:01:43 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I can successfully boot Barrelfish over tftp on one of my machines.
However, when I try to do it on a different machine, Barrelfish boots but
at the end it displays "skb.0: waiting for: serial" and I never actually
get the fish prompt. Looking back at the rest of the messages, I see that
all monitors are up but I have different errors such as:

ERROR: monitor.0 in ram_alloc() ../lib/barrelfish/ram_alloc.c:116
ERROR: ram_alloc
Failure: (           libmm) No matching node found [MM_ERR_NOT_FOUND]

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shawn

--
Virginia Tech
Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering