[Barrelfish-users] yacc error

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Tue Jun 19 10:20:37 CEST 2012

Hi,

After the last fetch from the repo, I got the following when running make (after a hake.sh):

yacc  ../src/lib/octopus/parser/parse.y
yacc: e - line 21 of "../src/lib/octopus/parser/parse.y", syntax error
%define api.pure
^
make: *** [../src/lib/octopus/parser/parse.c] Error 1

Obviously this is a yacc issue solved by using bison.

I did find out that I had to manually build the parser. Is that how it should work? If not, why is the global Makefile using yacc instead of bison (since it obviously tries to build the parser, although I couldn't figure out where the command for it comes from)?

cheers,
Georgios