[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 28

Sachin Agarwalla sachin.agarwalla at cse.iitkgp.ernet.in
Fri Jun 22 07:48:53 CEST 2012

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your support.

thanking you,
waiting for your reply,
yours faithfully,
sachinagarwalla

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kornilios Kourtis" <kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch>
To: "Sachin Agarwalla" <sachin.agarwalla at cse.iitkgp.ernet.in>
Cc: barrelfish-users at lists.inf.ethz.ch
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:25:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 28

Dear Sachin,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 04:52:07PM +0530, Sachin Agarwalla wrote:
> I am mtech student of IIT,kgp,India.I am working on a project on
> developing OS for scalable multi core architecture.I want to know
> whether barrelfish OS ia multhreaded or not.Also can you tell me
> whether barrelfish OS used openmp/inteltbb tool.
> Can you help me to answer my query?

I'll try to answer your questions, but it might be a good idea to look at
the barrelfish papers to get more information. A good start would be the
SOSP paper: http://www.barrelfish.org/barrelfish_sosp09.pdf

- A design principle of barrelfish is to make all inter-core
  communication explicit using messages. Note, however, that barrelfish
  supports multi-threaded applications, where the address space is shared
  among different threads.

- OpenMP/IntelTBB were not used for barrelfish itself. Note, however that
  barrelfish supports executing OpenMP programs.

cheers,
Kornilios.

--
Kornilios Kourtis