[Barrelfish-users] ipi_notify_alloc fail: FLOUNDER_ERR_TX_BUSY

Shi Jinghao (史经浩) jhshi at cs.hku.hk
Mon May 7 15:52:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

Do you have any ideas about why the b->tx_vtbl_ipi_alloc_notify_request
(line 69, file /lib/barrelfish/arch/x86/ipi_notify.c) would fail with
TX_BUSY error? I saw a immediate assert on this result, does it mean the
request operation is not supposed to fail at all? If not, can I just detect
the TX_BUSY error and do a register_send to make it more robust?

I'm on revision release2011-09-02 and building the SCC arch. I encounter
this error when I do the following:

spawn a program on core 0 in menu.lst.scc, then in program, spawn itself on
core 1 using spawn_program (SPAWN_NEW_DOMAIN). Then each program will
export a service (with unique service name) and also try to bind the other
core. This error occurs in the binding process.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jinghao