[Barrelfish-users] ARM support in barrelfish

Zeus Gómez Marmolejo zeus.gomez at bsc.es
Fri Nov 16 16:01:47 CET 2012

Hi Kornilios,

Following the conversation we had with Mothy early this week, we agreed
that the best platform to support Barrelfish on Gem5 is the Versatile
Express EMM, due to the lack of support of the ELT, as Matt said. Therefore
I'm sending you a patch to apply on top of revision 1081, which is the last
Barrelfish version that boots on Gem5 (Samuel branch).

This has 2 advantages:
1. Gem5 doesn't need to be patched. It works on the last mercurial tip from
today (revision 0fea324c832c). I've written this in the README.
2. We are using the currently supported EMM instead of the old ELT.

>From this, you can proceed with the merge, trying to unify all ARM
configurations.

I hope it helps!

--