[Barrelfish-users] Stacks in Barrelfish

Robert Radkiewicz rrad at kth.se
Mon Nov 19 18:50:22 CET 2012

Hello,

working on the port for the TilePro64 I am encountering a question:
How many different stacks are there in Barrelfish?
At the moment I have one initial stack used from the initial code, some
extra stack, which is/will be used by the interrupts and a stack for
every process / dispatcher.

I can't find a real pattern about all the stack-initializations. For
example in the crt0.S for arm there is a stack defined with
crt0_temp_stack_base:
         .space  8192
crt0_temp_stack:

which seems to be special, but I don't understand to which component it
belongs and how long it will live.

Thanks,
Robert