[Barrelfish-users] about port barrelfish on tilera platform

Robert Radkiewicz rrad at kth.se
Mon Nov 19 18:57:34 CET 2012

Hello Jintang,

The whole process feels like making baby steps. Every small step we are
stepping over new peculiarities.

At the moment we are able to jump into user-code and call the
dispatcher, which will call init later (actually crt0.S calls the
dispatcher). We are trying to find out what is happening, and what we
need to provide. Trying to understand the structure of all the init.c's,
dispatcher_shared_generic, dispatcher_generic, dispatcher_<arch> and
which special registers have which values, where to set them, why to set
them and what to set to them.

Additionally we need to find out the requirements to have a printf() in
user-code. Is the implementation in the newlib (provided by barrelfish)
enough? Do we need a syscall or provide one of the
[vs]f?i?printf-functions? Is it normal that we run into a endless-loop
when we just put a printf()-statement in some of the dispatcher-code and
everything will be fine after we got to the real process or do we need
to do something special?

That's the point were we are at the moment, so maybe it can be solved
very fast and we are into the next step.

Is that the kind of information you wanted or what is the purpose of
your question?

Regards,
Robert