[Barrelfish-users] Fwd: Interrupt Handlers

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 1 21:20:57 CEST 2013

As Andrew says, the Barrelfish CPU driver processes all exceptions
(whether hardware interrupts or traps) serially with interrupts
disabled, unless it's idling.

Note that (like K42 and Psyche) Barrelfish uses upcall dispatch most of
the time (think Scheduler Activations), so exit from an exception
handler is typically a jump to a completely different IP/PC value from
when that (or any other) exception occurred.

Note also that Barrelfish doesn't have any kernel threads - each CPU
driver has a single, static, dedicated kernel stack.

Could you say a little more about what you mean?

  -- Mothy