[Barrelfish-users] Assertion fired when calling "nameserver_register" function

M Brown M.Brown at huawei.com
Mon Dec 16 18:38:37 CET 2013

Guys,
   I'm getting the following assertion fired when calling the nameserver_register function from within an export callback function:

[cid:image001.png at 01CEFA4C.B812EE70]

The example message test works fine. The structure of the code I have is as follows:

main {
                thread_create(myTask, NULL);
                .
                .
                .
}

int myTask(void* arg) {
                .
                .
                .
                <iface>_export(NULL,
                                                export_cb, connect_cb,
                                                get_default_waitset(),
                                                IDC_EXPORT_FLAGS_DEFAULT);
}

void export_cb(void *st, errval_t err, iref_t iref) {
                .
                .
                .
                // The assertion fires within this invocation
                nameserver_register("iface", iref);
}

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Mark Brown
Huawei Technologies Inc.
5340 Legacy Dr., Suite 175