[Barrelfish-users] new release!

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 11 14:48:33 CET 2013

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce a new release for barrelfish. Although it took
us longer than we anticipated,  we are really excited about this release
since it includes two major changes:

 - The tree has been updated to use GHC 7.4! This change was long
   overdue, and hopefully it will make it easier for people working on
   barrelfish.

 - Based on Zeus' patch [1], the gem5/arm port is working once again. As
   discussed on the list, we selected the Versatile Express EMM platform
   for our port, which --as Matt kindly pointed out-- is the default
   platform ARM is supporting for gem5, and has active Linux/Android
   ports.

As always, you can update your hg repository, or download a tarball from
hg.barrelfish.org.

[1] https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/barrelfish-users/2012-November/000824.html

cheers,
Kornilios.