[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish updates

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 7 11:20:16 CEST 2013

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that we pushed a number of updates to
http://hg.barrelfish.org/barrelfish.

Many of the changes were due to external contributions so many thanks to
Mateusz Olczak for the work on e1000 driver and Wang Nan for the several
patches with ARM fixes. We are really pleased to see external
contributors to the Barrelfish project and we hope that this trend
continues :-)

Here's a short summary of the changes:
 - The e1000 driver from Mateusz has been incorporated and Gerd added
   support for the 82574, 82575 and 82576 cards on top of that

 - The problem of running out of slots in the root cnode has been fixed.
   This problem was reported by Benjamin Shelton and Georgios Varisteas
   (https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/barrelfish-users/2013-April/thread.html#1003)
   For more details about the prolem see the commit message of the fix
   from Simon: http://hg.barrelfish.org/barrelfish/rev/db11c91b6889

 - Several other bugfixes and cleanups

cheers,
Kornilios.