[Barrelfish-users] Fwd: Re: Problem of booting barrelfish on arm board

Dengguangxing dengguangxing at huawei.com
Tue Jun 25 04:50:57 CEST 2013

Hi gerd,

Thank you very much for your answer and kindly explain of the background.
It solves our problem.

After modifying this, we successfully run spawnd and startd. However another problem comes out when it comes to memtest,
the print_message is:
 ERROR: spawnd.0 in spawn_with_caps_handler() ../git-barrelfish/usr/spawnd/servi8
 ERROR: spawn
 Failure: (          spawn) Failure while loading [SPAWN_ERR_LOAD]
 Failure: (             fs) The given name does not exist [FS_ERR_NOTFOUND]
 ERROR: startd.0 in spawn_app_domains() ../git-barrelfish/usr/startd/spawn.c:298
 ERROR: spawn of armv7/sbin/memtest failed
 Failure: (          spawn) Failure while loading [SPAWN_ERR_LOAD]
 Failure: (             fs) The given name does not exist [FS_ERR_NOTFOUND]

It is trying to vfs_open() a path, "/arm/sbin/armv7/sbin/memtest", which seems to be an invalid one. So it fails and returns SPAWN_ERR_LOAD.
modifying the path to "armv7/sbin/memtest" manually, module memtest can run successfully.
The path is prefixed with "arm/sbin" in startd: main()->spawn_dist_domains()->spawn_program()->spawn_program_with_caps(). what is the prefix for?

Deng Guangxing