[Barrelfish-users] Can module fish run on arm

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 26 11:08:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:17:59AM +0800, Dengguangxing wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are wondering whether module fish can run on arm arch now, and any
> other modules needed to run fish on arm? (other than the modules loaded
> by pandaboard: cpu, init, mem_serv, monitor, ramfsd, spawnd, startd,
> skb, memtest)

Unfortunately, fish does not currently work for the ARMv7 port in our
tree. The main reason is the absence of USB support that did not allow
use of keyboard with the pandaboard, which is the platform we have been
focusing on.

Reto Achermann (CCed) has implemented USB support for his BSc thesis, and
has fish working on ARM. He is currently in the process of cleaning up
his tree, so we hope that we will be able to release his changes soon.

cheers,
Kornilios.

> sincerely
> Deng Guangxing