[Barrelfish-users] net-test -> redirect_pause not supported anymore

李才 licai at pku.edu.cn
Mon May 6 14:59:34 CEST 2013

Hi All,

    The net-test does not work. Does any one know why? Is there any way to make it work?

    I found that the net-test calls the redirect_pause function, which is not supported anymore.

    This is the call stack of the net-test:
    main -> do_server -> spawn_child ->
    spawn_setup_fds ->     copy_lwip_fd ->
    lwip_serialise_sock -> netconn_pause ->
    TCPIP_APIMSG(&msg) //msg.function = do_pause ->
    tcp_pause -> idc_pause_tcp -> idc_pause ->
    net_ports_rpc.vtbl.redirect_pause //commented

    And the ./if/net_ports.if has already commented "rpc redirect" and "rpc redirect_pause".(Why it is commented, anything wrong with it? I can not find the implemetation of functions. Where can I find it?)

    What can I do to make the net-test work?

    Thanks so much!

Regards,
Richard