[Barrelfish-users] Problem building "hake" build system

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 14 10:46:29 CET 2013

Dear Mark,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 05:50:08PM +0000, M Brown wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I’m running into the following problem when building the “hake” build
> system with the latest version of ghc:
>

> The ghc environment is as follows:
>
> ghc 7.6.3 (default install version)
> ghc-paths 0.1.0.9
> parsec 3.1.3

Barrelfish currently works with GHC version 7.4. GHC 7.6 in particular is
not supported in our tree. To build hake you can either install and use
GHC 7.4 or apply a patch provided by Wang Nan that adds support for GHC
7.6. You can find the patch in our wiki:
 http://wiki.barrelfish.org/Getting_Started#ghc

Hope this helps,
Kornilios.

--