[Barrelfish-users] Declaration of struct capability

Richard licai at pku.edu.cn
Thu Nov 28 05:16:41 CET 2013

----- Jintack Lim <jintack.lim at utah.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a first year Ph.D student at University of Utah.
> While I'm looking at the source code of barrelfish,
> I could not find some declaration of struct such as capability.
>
> Can you tell me where it is?
>
> Thanks
> Jintack

Hi Jintack:

The declaration of struct capability is generated by Hamlet while compiling the barrelfish source code. You can do the following steps to compile barrelfish source code:
mkdir build
cd build
../hake/hake.sh -a x86_64 -s .. -i .
make

Then you can find the declaration of struct capability in file build/x86_64/include/barrelfish_kpi/capbits.h