[Barrelfish-users] set the number of cores

Antonio Barbalace antoniob at vt.edu
Wed Nov 26 00:44:20 CET 2014

Dear all,

I am trying to boot Barrelfish on a reduced number of cores.

The following line in the menu.lst does not have any effect:
module  /barrelfish/x86_64/sbin/spawnd boot bootapic-x86_64=1-8

I also try to manually modify different source files but without any luck.
For example I modified the macro MAX_COREID but it was giving a compiler
error,
I also modified usr/spawnd/bsp_bootup.c in different ways, again nothing.

any suggestion is very welcome!
thanks,
Antonio

--