[Barrelfish-users] set the number of cores

Gerd Zellweger gerd.zellweger at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 26 11:07:41 CET 2014

Hi Antonio,

If you are running Kaluga it will automatically listen for new core
events from ACPI and start the cores accordingly.

Have a look at
http://git.barrelfish.org/?p=barrelfish;a=blob_plain;f=usr/kaluga/start_cpu.c;hb=HEAD
if you want to tune the behaviour or suppress cores being booted.

If you want to directly modify the core discovery in ACPI, it is done
here (line 182ff):
http://git.barrelfish.org/?p=barrelfish;a=blob;f=usr/acpi/interrupts.c;h=87a1dbc95340485c11db3ebb63e6d407c5f57dcc;hb=HEAD

Also note that we will shortly release a new core management
infrastructure based on our work for OSDI this year that will make core
management much simpler.

Hope this helps,
Gerd