[Barrelfish-users] barrelfish help!

Gerd Zellweger gerd.zellweger at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 31 15:45:22 CET 2014

Hi,

Just in case: If changing the bridge program as suggested by Stefan is
not helping, you can also try this small patch that essentially disables
the assertion.
AFAIK that bound check there, which is reported by ACPI seems to be (at
least on our machines) not really a strict limit and can be ignored.

Gerd

On 2014-10-31 14:01, Stefan Kaestle wrote:
> Hi Antonio,
>
>  This could be due to a bug in the PCI bus allocation code.
>  It is worth trying the BIOS given PCI allocation plan instead. For
> that, try using the following arguments to PCI in menu.lst
>
>  modulenounzip /harness/sbrinz2_harness/x86_64/sbin/pci auto
> SKB_BRIDGE_PROGRAM=BRIDGE_BIOS
>
>  Also, can you please enable PCI debug output and send the log? For
> that, uncomment the following in line  17 of usr/pci/pci_debug.h and
> recompile:
>
>  #define PCI_SERVICE_DEBUG 1
>
>  Cheers,
>   Stefan
>
> On 10/31/2014 11:36 AM, Kornilios Kourtis wrote:
>
>> Hi Antonio,
>>
>> [CCing the list and Gerd]
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:29:16AM -0400, Antonio Barbalace wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Kornilios,
>>>
>>> I re-started my adventure with Barrelfish this morning with the
>>> last mercurial
>>> release. I am using tftpboot PXE boot (modified grub etc.). I kept
>>> myself from
>>> modify the code at the moment. But I have to confess that I added
>>> a PCI_DEBUG()
>>> before this error and nothing was printed even changing the
>>> loglevel= . Let me
>>> know if you prefer me to send this error on the forum.
>>>
>>> monitor: synchronizing clocks
>>> Kaluga: pci_root_bridge
>>> spawnd.0: spawning /x86_64/sbin/pci on core 0
>>> Kaluga: pci_devices
>>> pci: Unknown commandline option "auto" -- skipping.
>>> startd.0: starting app /x86_64/sbin/serial on core 0
>>> spawnd.0: spawning /x86_64/sbin/serial on core 0
>>> startd.0: starting app /x86_64/sbin/angler on core 0