[Barrelfish-users] Barellfish OS - Project

Reto Achermann reto.achermann at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 5 09:20:02 CET 2015

Hi Utsav,

Thanks for your interest in Barrelfish.

To answer your technical questions:

1) yes, we support TCP/IP communication including NFS. We also have a
web server in Barrelfish. However, your need to make sure that you use
one of the supported NICs (Intel 1G and 10G cards are a good way to go)

2) We do not support Java officially, however there was work [1] on a
JVM for Barrelfish. There is no support for Node JS. You will need to
port it yourself (we have a POSIX compat layer).

A good way to start would be our public wiki [2] or the Barrelfish
documentations [3].

Regards,
-- Reto

[1] http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/events/sfma12/sfma12-maas.pdf