[Barrelfish-users] About CPU performance

tomsun.0.7 tomsun.0.7 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 04:02:18 CET 2015

I don't actually care about the measure of CPU speed, I want to know why
Barrelfish performs worse on bare-metal than on QEMU with KVM.

As my second reply demonstrated, I got worse performance while running
applications on bare-metal than both QEMU with KVM and native Linux.

I made sure that it doesn't result from CPU frequency, because I accessed
the hardware performance registers directly within kernel and found it did
run with full speed.

Now, I'm suspecting that is it possible that the performance is influenced
by some other factors like, device interrupts?
Have you ever measured the performance of Barrelfish and compared it with
Linux or other operating system?