[Barrelfish-users] 'kernel 0: dropped ram cap base' issue

Simon Gerber simon.gerber at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 29 12:46:35 CEST 2015

Hi Vinay,

The messages you're seeing are not hard errors, but warnings about memory leaking due to a suboptimal implementation for reclaiming memory in the kernel which can overflow a certain message buffer, if too many memory regions are reclaimed in quick succession.  This should not negatively impact your benchmark as long as you don't run out of memory in the benchmark itself.

The most likely reason for seeing the warnings is that the memory leak happens when the OS is cleaning up after the benchmark application exits.

-- Simon