[Barrelfish-users] New Barrelfish release

Stefan Kaestle stefan.kaestle at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 17 16:54:16 CET 2015

Hi all,

We are glad to announce a new release of Barrelfish. The new version
contains fixes mainly for C++ support and our POSIX compatibility layer:

Simon Gerber (17):
       libterm: blocking client: tell user how much we've written
       posixcompat: fixed pthread_mutex_lock to work with nested calls.
       posixcompat: properly handle PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE and BF thread id assignment.
       cxx: Added various bits and pieces in cxx tests.
       cxx: fixed thread::join() and added simple threads test. [T60]
       cxx: implement thread::this_thread::sleep_for() using barrelfish_usleep() [T61]
       cxx: Replaced abort() in thread.cpp with USER_PANIC().
       Add get_absolute_time() syscall + implement std::chrono::steady_clock::now() using it.
       cxxabi: abort_message: Add info about dispatcher, core id and thread id.
       fish: Add simple hexdump utility.
       T65: properly implement x-core thread creation.
       T65: implement proper x-core join.
       kernel: Fix and deduplicate cte_for_cap().
       kernel: x86_64: fix error passthrough in modify_flags.
       T73: do full TLB flush when modifying flags.
       hake: minor bugfixes.
       32bit: libbarrelfish: fix casts in new x-core thread functionality.

Cheers,
    Stefan

--
Stefan