[Barrelfish-users] Pagesizes on Barrelfish

Vinay Kumar ms.vinay.k at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 08:11:21 CET 2015

Hi,

I am running a version of Graph500 benchmark on Barrelfish with different
pagesizes 4KB, 2MB and 1GB.

>/x86_64/sbin/seq-csr morecore=0x1000 //4KB
>/x86_64/sbin/seq-csr morecore=0x200000 //2MB
>/x86_64/sbin/seq-csr morecore=0x4000000 //1GB

The benchmark output for pagesizes 2MB and 1GB are found to be identical.
It appears that the execution with 1GB pagesize is not working properly.
The system used for this benchmarking is AMD Opteron™ 2300 Series
processors with 32GB RAM, which supports large pagesizes of 1GB.

But the output with 1GB pagesize are not changed and are identical to
output with 2MB pagesize,
somehow the 1GB pagesize is not being used and it might be getting back to
the default pagesize, that is 2MB ( thats where the outputs are similar)

Can you please provide some info why this might be happening

Also I would like to know is there any profiling tool in Barrelfish that
can be used to run along with apps on Barrelfish to try to understand the
execution

Please let me know if need more info
Thanks
Vinay