[Barrelfish-users] Scheduler Manifests

Simon Peter speter at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 21 03:42:05 CEST 2016

Hi Felix,

You are looking at all the existing documentation. The constraints I
tried are really just those listed in my thesis (mainly to setup
phase-locked scheduling). The constraint solver runs inside the system
knowledge base (SKB), which contains all information the OS was able to
collect about the system. All of this information could in theory be
used as a constraint for the solver. Obviously only a subset is going to
be useful.

This thesis:

http://www.barrelfish.org/publications/schuepbach-declarative-os.pdf

will tell you more about how the SKB works, but it does not talk about
scheduling. The constraint solver is single threaded (at least it was
when I last looked).

  -- Simon