[Barrelfish-users] Question about running barrelfish on xeonphi

Reto Achermann reto.achermann at inf.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 3 14:58:51 CET 2018

Hi Woonhak,

Thanks for writing me. Please use the Barrelifsh mailing list for further
questions: barrelfish-users at lists.inf.ethz.ch

There is not really a Xeon Phi image as such. The driver requests additional
modules over the network and assembles the image at run time.

Indeed, you need to specify the targets you want to build. For this you can use
the "symbolic targets" like K1OM_Basic and X86_64_Basic. This will build the
modules specified in platforms/Hakefile.

Make sure you copy the relevant binaries into your TFTP directory.

Please note, running Barrelfish on the Xeon Phi with a Linux Host may not work
as the Linux kernel module expects different signaling than Barrelfish on the
Xeon Phi uses. You will need to run Barrelfish on the host too.

You may have a look the Xeon Phi test in tools/harness.

Please let me know if there are any further questions

-- Reto