[Barrelfish-users] requesting for Help

Reto Achermann reto.achermann at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 8 15:44:26 CET 2018

Hi Ben,

As Mothy already said, you should see 'fish', the shell, after
Barrelfish booted all cores etc.

You will see 'fish v0.2 -- pleased to meet you!'

Barrelfish does not have a GUI like Windows or Gnome. Just to make this
clear, Barrelfish is not like Ubuntu or Linux at all.

If you keep seeing the error, please provide us with the faulting
instruction pointer, where it occurs in the code (file & line), address
and which domain/process it occurs in.

-- Reto

Reto Achermann,
http://people.inf.ethz.ch/acreto